The Annual Fund
You can donate to our Annual Fund at any time during the year through our secure, online through Network for Good or by calling us at 631.283.3195.
"The Peconic Land Trust saves local farms and keeps them in production. Browder's Birds got its start leasing fallow land and a barn from the Trust for our pastured livestock farm. Wtihout the opportunity and support given to us by the Trust, it's doubtful we would have gotten off the ground. To the contrary, this year we purchased 13 acres of protected farmland from the Trust for our permanent farm location in Mattituck.
~~ Chris & Holly Browder.
Fresh local produce, safe drinking water, cleaner and more productive bays, new recreational opportunities, buildings and landscapes indicative of our history, all these things and more represent the priceless results of your gifts to the Peconic Land Trust's Annual Fund. 2013 is the Trust's 30th anniversary. Please join us with your support during this important milestone year!
By becoming an Annual Fund Donor, you will be supporting our work in 5 major areas:
- Planning – Identifying and implementing conservation plans that protect important resources and fulfill the varied goals of landowners.
- Acquisition – Acquiring land and conservation easements through gifts and purchases, which result in fresh local produce, clean drinking water, recreational opportunities and historic preservation.
- Stewardship – Once land is protected we monitor and enforce the conservation restrictions on the property. We also actively manage and restore our preserves to provide safe, scenic hiking trails and public access where appropriate.
- Education – Having fun, learning and enjoying the natural environment are the criteria for over 50 programs offered to the public every year. Look under the "Events and Activities" section for our latest issue of "Connections."
- Public Policy – From estate tax reform to tax incentives, the Trust works with our public officials locally, in Albany and in Washington DC on issues that impact conservation.
Founded in 1983 to protect Long Island’s working farms, natural lands, and heritage, the Peconic Land Trust has worked diligently with landowners, partner organizations, local government and communities to protect nearly 11,000 acres. Become a supporter (or increase the amount of your annual giving) today and help us conserve more of what you love during our 30th Anniversary Year!
Please keep us conserving as a 2013 Annual Fund Donor. With your investment in the Trust, we will continue to work from a pragmatic, problem-solving perspective to protect what we know and love on Long Island. Our goal is to raise $1.8 million by December 31, 2013.
If you have questions about how funds raised through the Annual Fund contributes to the work of the Trust, or are interested in learning more about planned giving options, please contact Rebecca A. Chapman, Vice President of Philanthropy at 631.283.3195 ext. 40. Thank you again for making 2012 a successful year and we look forward to working with you to conserve Long Island's working farms, natural lands, and heritage.